AppleCare for Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ag55, Jul 27, 2009.

1. ag55 macrumors regular

Should i get it for my Mac Pro, i've already kicked my budget in the face and broke its nose.

Also, does it matter if i get it from eBay.

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Get it for peace of mind!

Applecare is a little cheaper on Amazon.com than Apple.

3. ag55 thread starter macrumors regular

On eBay there is a huge discount, but you only get the code for registration. Will i ever need that box?

4. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

I think you need the box, but I'm not sure. Lots of people buy Applecare from eBay. There was a long thread here about not buying Applecare from eBay.

5. ag55 thread starter macrumors regular

He sends the code via email, has 100% positive feedback from a load of people. But then others say eBay codes can be fake, and Apple find out later on (when its too late to claim from eBay) and your screwed.

Im going to do it, but register it via phone to applecare making sure its legit

6. akutad macrumors regular

akutad

Sure if you don't mind completely breaking your face.

7. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Feedback doesn't matter, most of the feedback is about "fast shipping, will buy from again." Your taking you chances. You don't really need Applecare until your 90 day complimentary phone support ends.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You spend thousands on a new computer, and can't cough up a couple hundred for AppleCare? Are you sure the MacPro was within your budget?

9. ag55 thread starter macrumors regular

Read my first post, i went over my budget by £300. No biggy but applecare adds nearly another £200.

10. Swiss Apple macrumors member

Swiss Apple

My friend, don't listen to the haters out there. Get your Applecare from Ebay and save some money, just make sure the seller is ko$her. Most of the people who feedback aren't going to leave a +ve the moment the get the email registration code, but when they've succesfully registered it with Apple and received confirmation.

Good luck

11. pr33tz macrumors member

Get it on eBay for £50-£60. I've bought Applecare many times for different models and never had a problem (touch wood!). Just make sure it's from a reputable seller.