applecare for macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by B1rdman, Sep 11, 2008.

1. B1rdman macrumors newbie

I bought a macbook pro recently and bought applecare with it.

Now, the guy at the store told me that he had automatically transferred applecare to my computer and that the box he gave me was just a token of that.

So, I come to you, macrumors, to ask if there is a way to tell if this actually happened. I ask because for some reason I never thought i saw him do anything that would somehow trasmit this into my computer or any hint of it in my computer....

so basically, is there a way to check if I have applecare? and if not, is there some sort of CD I need to put in from that box that will make my computer have it? thanks in advance for ur responses!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you buy AppleCare with the purchase of a new Mac, it is automatically associated with that Mac.
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
    Enter your serial number. It will give your warranty/AppleCare status.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you are asking if a CD should be in the box then you may have gotten ripped off.

There should have been a CD with a "lite" version of TechTool Diagnostics in the box.

As far as the extended warrenty goes, you purchase the box , but it only comes with the CD and an activation code.

You go online and utilize the activation code in conjunction with your serial # to pair the two. AppleCare isn't something that will change the external appearence of your machine or affect the OS. Just extends you up to three years (adds two years on top of the one included) for phone AND HW support.

If you purchased it at an Apple Store, they may have done it for you, but if it were anywhere else you'll want to check your status to make sure its three years from the purchase date (if its not call them up and tell them to change it. You will need to send in receipt)

4. B1rdman thread starter macrumors newbie

!

wow, thanks! just the link I needed. Looks like they did do it for me! thanks for the help!