AppleCare for Macbook under $130? Looks legit.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by scubasteve03, Dec 22, 2008.

1. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

Hey guys I was looking around trying to find the best deal on AppleCare for my alum MacBook and I saw a few companies offering these deals. I checked their feedback and everything seems perfect. First of all, is this the real deal and second is this legal? I thought Apple could only sell Applecare. Type MacBook applecare in eBay and you will see what I am talking about.
    Thanks,
    Scubasteve :apple:

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It's not surprising to see some offers of applecare in a lower cost in eBay...

3. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I bought my Applecare plan off eBay, for like $50 less than what Apple sold it for. It worked, and registered with no problems. They're legit. :cool: What you are buying is the Applecare box that they sell in their stores. Any Apple reseller is allowed to sell them. When you buy it you will get the box with the serial number to register the Applecare plus all the extra crap that's in it. :p

4. weckart macrumors 68040

I bought mine for £80 when I spotted it browsing through this shop. The box was sealed and the registration was valid, although this was sold as "used". Price has gone up a bit since, but still half the retail price. Have to wonder whether all of the stock was acquired above board, though.

5. jamin100 macrumors 6502

I brought applecare for £85 from eBay and with numerous discount coupons i had i eventually ended up paying only £63!! bargin!!

was sent the code via email within 10 minutes of winning the auction and it took about 3 days to register on the apple site . . no problems here...

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I bought mine for £85 ($127) from ebay, sent me the code, its in the process of registering now.

7. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I bought mine for $135 from eBay. Great place to get AppleCare. The place to get it, in fact, at the moment.

8. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I always buy with Apple with the student discount but if you think this is legit (and others here are saying it is) go for it.

9. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

do a search for applecare with live.com deal, I got my macbook covered for like $98 a couple weeks ago. Still waiting on my $40 from live.com but it said it takes up to 60 days. I have a seller who I bought it from on ebay and he emailed me the info 2 minutes after I payed and it registered just fine. If you want his username pm me.

bob