Applecare for Machook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pasipple, Nov 25, 2016.

1. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Update: Whoops sorry can't spell Macbook....

Just a heads up for those buying a Macbook Pro and considering Applecare.

B&H Photo has Applecare on sale for $279 with free shipping. Not sure if this is a Black Friday sale or not?

2. campyguy macrumors 68040

I'm sure you're alluding to AC for the 15" MBP. That's a fair price, but it's a bit higher than B&H has charged in the past - 2 years ago I paid $249 for AC for my late-2013 rMBP, also with free expedited shipping (it showed up the next day in Oregon, from NYC). In any case, B&H will likely offer one of the lowest, if not the lowest price for AC on the 15" MBP and the Mini while being competitive on the iMac and 13" MBP.

If you're a Prime member check their price - the last few AC units I bought from Amazon were followed by a stackable 1-year UL File Storage gift code; Amazon's price was the same as B&H's and I was lazy, but got a nice bonus in the additional file storage.

3. kwandrews macrumors 6502

Yes, get AC for a laptop, no question. However, you have up until your original 1 year warranty expires to buy it. I tend to set calendar reminders at about 6-8 months to spread out that last little cost down the road a bit.