AppleCare+ for Macs in countries that don't offer it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jerry70450, Mar 21, 2018.

1. jerry70450 macrumors member

I just bought a new macbook pro 2017 15' with touch bar (radeon 560, 512 gb) 2 weeks ago, and I'm wondering if I should buy apple care, due to the low repairability and unreliability of the newer macbooks. I'm also wondering if I can buy AppleCare+ for it. I live in Canada where it is not offered, so during checkout I would have to choose USA as my country of residence and give a US address (maybe a relative's address). Can I do this and should I do it? It says AP+ covers me globally world wide so I'm just wondering. Thanks!

2. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

For any + services such as accidental damage, you would need to visit the U.S.

In Canada, the Apple Store only honors the standard warranty services.

3. deepakvrao macrumors 6502

If I buy AppleCare + in the US, I understand that the + will be valid only in the US, but will the regular AppleCare service be valid worldwide?

4. jjj999 macrumors newbie

Can you back up your claim? I don't think so. Apple's website says global coverage.

5. deepakvrao macrumors 6502

The + is not global. Only some countries will accept it.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Dumb question but if you thought the MBPs are unreliable, why did you buy it? These bad boys are expensive and if you think the quality is substandard, why spend all that money?