Applecare for Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Jackintosh, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Do you guys recommend buying Applecare for the new Mac Mini? Even though the Mini seems solid and bullet-proof, $99 seems pretty reasonable to extend coverage to 3 years if anything goes wrong.

And why are resellers charging more than what Apple does for Mini Applecare? A quick check of Amazon, and resellers there want $120-133. Doesn't make sense.

2. minik macrumors 65816

I believe that US$99 is only available from the Apple Store (education), otherwise the MSRP is $149.

3. Jackintosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Yep, that's why the price difference with resellers.

4. md63 macrumors 6502

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I'd buy AppleCare for any Apple product only because it's a b---- to have something to repair yourself. For Mac Mini, $99 is nothing if it extends your Mini's life to 3 years. And because of it's small enclosure, if anything does fail, Apple Store can swap/repair quickly (volume pending of course) so there's a quick turnaround time.

6. Jackintosh thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Thanks all. Just curious for those who might know. The eBay sellers of Applecare at a huge discount just send you the registration code. No retail box, TechTools CD, etc. How are they able to get that price - is it legit? Sounds questionable. Altho it seems to work from the feedback.

7. jesterscourt macrumors regular

If I upgrade the RAM and HDD will AppleCare cover the REST of the parts?

8. Smacky macrumors 6502

9. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Depends on the auction....mine came with full box

10. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ive bought 4 Applecare warranties from Ebay over the years, its perfectly legit and definitely cheaper. I have no clue how they get these at the prices they do but God bless them for saving me 1/2 the money.

I just bought Applecare for an iMac ($77) and Macbook ($127) on there for less than it would have cost me retail just for the Macbook.