Applecare for my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by costabunny, Apr 27, 2009.

1. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I purchased my Macbook Pro in February while in Canada. I am going back to UK soon in order to go to Uni.

I am wondering if I can get Applecare for it in the UK? (and should I?)

Does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes, you can get it in the UK. Applecare is tied to the serial number of the Mac, doesn't matter where you buy it. Just make sure you buy it before 1 year of the date of purchase.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, Applecare is tied to the individual computer, not the location; I strongly recommend that you get it, - I got it for my MBP - and make sure that you buy it before the one year warranty expires. You will be able to buy it at any time within that first year, until the last day, but not a day after that.

Cheers and good luck

4. mcorf macrumors member

Check out a seller on ebay called 480sherry. She sells applecare and it is about 50% off retail.

5. iBecks macrumors 6502

I would avoid purchasing Applecare from ebay full stop.

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Or, at the very least, make sure they send you an unopened box when you buy it off of ebay. This way, they can't revoke it and collect a partial refund in a few months, and you get a free techtool pro disc to diagnose your system.

Mac portables are nice, but they are notoriously hard and expensive to repair. If a logicboard fries for any reason after the first year, the cost of repairing it is often more than what your machine is worth. You also get three years of seven day a week telephone tech support when you buy it.

7. costabunny thread starter macrumors 68020

costabunny

Thanks guys.

I will make sure I purchase it before I start in September then (just to be safe).

8. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

I have bought codes and boxs on ebay, Never had any problems with them being legit.

9. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Apple replaced my MacBook Pro twice, so it is well worth the investment and the peace of mind that comes with it IMO.

10. macgrl macrumors 65816

I would definitely get apple care. Doesn't matter where you get it it is valid in all countries

11. phooi macrumors regular

+1 on getting Apple Care. Already replaced a battery under warranty so it is already paying off.

One thing to point out. Sounds like you're a student. If so, don't forget to take advantage of the educational discounts offered by Apple. This includes Apple Care. That's what I did!

12. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

What happened? How many repairs before it was replaced?