Applecare for new iPhone 3GS and ATV necessary?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by katyoshi, Oct 18, 2009.

1. katyoshi macrumors 6502

I am a brand new subscriber to AT&T coming from T-mobile. I noticed coverage area is better with AT&T than tmobile by looking on their coverage map websites and also experiencing dropped calls quite frequently around the islands. I do travel to Kauai and my tmobile unlocked iphone 3g doesn't connect as well as my friend's AT&T iphone 3g.

Anyway, don't want to stray from the topic. Is it necessary for applecare for an iphone 3GS and ATV? I do plan on keeping these till they die pretty much.

2. Andy348 macrumors 6502

It's not necessary, but I'd recommend it. Its 50 bucks and saves you from buying a $400 used iPhone replacement if disaster strikes.

I'd do it for the peace of mind.

As for the ATV, I'd say the same logic applies.

3. katyoshi thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright I just purchased applecare for my new ATV from amazon for $40 :). This is the first time ever where I want to cover my computer goods. I guess since apple products are expensive and indeed expensive to fix. I will need to find applecare for cheap for my iphone 3GS and maybe I'll go to walmart for that since there isn't one for sale on amazon. I don't plan on buying from ebay anymore since it causes me anxiety about the whole issue where I won't go into here.

4. Andy348 macrumors 6502

Good decision!