Applecare+ For Preorders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clibinarius, Oct 7, 2011.

1. clibinarius macrumors 6502a

I was nagging Apple Customer support for the option to buy Applecare+ which wasn't available, and to prevent myself from receiving problems when they said "Go to the Apple Store" I asked them to give me a response in writing for what I should do.

First, of note, the iPhones of pre-order ship on Wednesday, October 12. This may be the first announcement of that, I'm not sure.

Second, I finally got this email from Apple, and I do not know if it went out to all customers, but based on a lack of comments, I doubt it (and they seem confused for why I wanted it in writing at first):

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of
    hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to
    90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your
    coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone
    and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each
    subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren’t given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your
    iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please
    reply to this email.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,
    Apple Online Store Team

So there you have it.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Ship and deliver are two different things entirely.

3. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I got one of those emails too. Still thinking about it...

4. Kingpierce34 macrumors member

This should finally put to rest the whole Terms & Conditions arguments and the idea that you can purchase AppleCare+ at anytime within the first 12 months after purchase. Ill assume the account holder in my family plan got a similar email as well.

5. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

i have yet to get one of them emails :(

any suggestions

6. jryan727 macrumors newbie

I didn't receive this e-mail, either. I assumed I just missed the option to purchase AppleCare+, but I'm now realizing the option probably wasn't there at all. I called customer service and the first rep told me that I could purchase it at the store, and I think I blew her mind when I told her AppleCare+ was not the same as regular 'ol AppleCare. She then "checked with her supervisor" who confirmed that I could buy it at the Apple Store after receiving my iPhone, and repeated that when I told her that apple.com disagreed with her.

I then called back and got a really nice rep who told me she could add it to the order. She said it was all done and I'd receive an e-mail. I didn't receive that e-mail (that phone call took place this morning), and my order still doesn't appear to contain AppleCare+. I'll call back tomorrow and see where I get and post back. Glad I'm not the only one in this boat!

7. monkeynurse macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered through AT&T's website and didn't have an option to add AppleCare+. I went to the Apple store yesterday and after the salesperson talked to a manager he said I would have to take the phone back to AT&T and return it and purchase a new one to add AppleCare+. I went the AT&T store and they weren't able to add it either because it wasn't a new purchase. I wasn't going to return and re-purchase. I called AppleCare this morning and I was able to purchase it through the rep. I only needed to provide her with my serial #. The # I called is 800-275-2273.

8. surfnet macrumors newbie

I have called applecare twice, once yesterday and once today and both times they said they could not add it due to slow servers and their system saying my zip code does not really exist .

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I bought it yesterday at an AT&T store and did not get Applecare+. I went back today and added it. No worries.

Are these corporate AT&T stores we are talking about, or authorized dealers? The one that took care of me was a corporate store...

10. monkeynurse macrumors newbie

I was at a corporate store. The rep didn't even know what applecare+ was. She had to look it up online. A rep next to her had just sold it but that was with a new purchase. The manager came over and tried to but they were not able to add it. They said it was due to the purchase date. I ordered the phone on the 7th and was trying to add it on the 14th.