AppleCare for Recon. G5

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
Can you get applecare protection plan for a reconditioned G5 powermac? I know they only have 90 day warranties but I was hoping to get the applecare to give it a standard 3 yr warranty. Anybody done this before?

drison

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
Chicago
macenforcer said:
Can you get applecare protection plan for a reconditioned G5 powermac? I know they only have 90 day warranties but I was hoping to get the applecare to give it a standard 3 yr warranty. Anybody done this before?
I'm pretty sure you get 1 year, not 90 days on refurbs from Apple and as far as I know, you can buy Applecare as well.

-Dave

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
yes, this is true. You get a standard one year warrenty, and 90 days of phone support. You can upgrade to AppleCare if you wish.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
macenforcer said:
It says right on the specials site that a one year limited warranty is available. They also give the pricing for the total of three year AppleCare, which I highly recommend

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
I was thinking of getting it from MacConnection and it shows only a 90 day warranty on their site for reconditioned macs. Is this really a 1 yr warranty? Apple doens't have any recond macs left.

drison

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
Chicago
macenforcer said:
I was thinking of getting it from MacConnection and it shows only a 90 day warranty on their site for reconditioned macs. Is this really a 1 yr warranty? Apple doens't have any recond macs left.
I find the best time to find a good stock of refurbs on Apple's site is to check early in the morning, usually before 7am ET from my experience.
-Dave :)