Applecare from authorised reseller

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Raelthorne, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Raelthorne macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I had originally planned to buy a Built to Order Mac Mini with Applecare from the Apple online store for pickup in the 5th Avenue store. However, I've recently discovered that I can't do this cos I don't have a US credit card or billing address :(

I found the exact spec machine I wanted in B&H for $20 less but I've read online that Applecare from an authorised reseller is valid from the date the reseller purchased the product off Apple as opposed to the date the customer bought the product from the reseller. Can anyone confirm this for me? I'm not keen on the idea of buying something that might be ineligible for Applecare.

Secondly does anyone have any idea of how regularly / when B&H etc. get stock of Mac Mini's from Apple.

Thanks!

2. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

If you buy the retail packaging of AppleCare, then you have a year from the original purchase date of the Mac (and it never hurts to upload your receipt to Apple so they have the exact purchase date) to register the enclosed AppleCare agreement. Apple, by default, will have an estimated date of purchase; but if you scan and upload your receipt to them, they will update their records and thusly your warranty information. Hope that helps.