AppleCare+ from B&H?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by choreo, Apr 3, 2016.

1. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

I just ordered a new iPad Pro 12.9" 256MB from B&H, but I did not see an option to purchase the AppleCare+ from them. Does anyone know the best way to purchase AppleCare+ in a situation like this?

I assume there is a time limit?

Can I purchase it somewhere else if they do not offer it at B&H?

2. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

You've got 30 days to buy it from an Apple Store. You should be able to do it online, too.

3. choreo thread starter macrumors regular

choreo

Thanks! Surprised B&H does not sell it?

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I believe you actually have 60 days. You can call apple or do an online support chat with them to add it.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

They do. Maybe you just didn't notice? When you add to cart, there's a pop-up where it has a checkbox for adding AppleCare+. I pre-ordered my Pro 9.7 with AC+ from B&H and it shows it was automatically enrolled to the iPad.

Since you didn't get AC+ at purchase time, only option now is to go through Apple. I believe it used to be within 30 days of purchase but ever since the 6/6+ release, they extended it to 60 days.

image.jpg

6. choreo thread starter macrumors regular

choreo

I contacted B&H via their online chat and he said I could add it if I called their Sales Dept. I just called their Sales Dept and they said that they could not add it on after the sale (even though I have not received the unit yet). They said I would have to contact Apple to buy it directly from them at this point

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Just do an online chat with apple support within 60 days. They will email you a secure credit card link to pay.