AppleCare+ from Best Buy

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TxWatch, Nov 19, 2016.

1. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Is the AppleCare+ from Best Buy the same as buying it from Apple? Is there any advantage to buying from BB vs buying it from Apple? i.e. Can I take it to BB instead of Apple for replacement, etc. I am an Elite Plus BB member, if that makes any difference.

Also, is it worth it to buy AC+ for $49 on an AW S2 Nike?

My wife and I both own AW Sport S0s and we did not buy AC+. We have had no issues with our Watches since buying them a year ago. My Watch is in near perfect condition with no scratches on the face, body or even the back. I wear it every single day, but I am not rough on my watches. I bought my 42mm as an Open Box from Best Buy for $275 during the BF sales last year and they told me at the time it was not eligible for AC+ because it was an open box. (Which did not bother me)

I am getting ready to buy the Nike S2, so I am trying to decide if I should wait for another open box without AC+ or do I pay full price, plus the additional $49. They list the open box Nike 42mm in "excellent condition" for $366, but they come and go very quickly on their website. (space grays are usually gone within the hour) The difference in price will be $82 before any discounts, BB rewards money, etc.

TxWatch

2. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

1. AppleCare+ is an Apple product that Best Buy is selling alongside other Apple products, so yes it's the same as the AppleCare+ you can get directly from Apple.
    2. You can not take the Apple Watch to Best Buy for the purposes of an AppleCare+ claim, as far as I know, because the AppleCare+ is Apple's insurance plan, not Best Buy's. You would need to deal with Apple directly, whether via telephone or in an Apple Store.
    3. You don't have to buy the AppleCare+ at the same time you buy the Apple Watch if you don't want to, although there is no particular advantage to buying directly from Apple. Nevertheless, that's what I did. All it took was a phone call to Apple and it was done in minutes. Easy enough.
    4. I only get AppleCare+ on my iPhones and my Apple Watches as I consider those most likely to be mishandled and damaged. I don't get AppleCare+ on my iPads or Mac computers. That said, I have never used AppleCare+, but that's ok. That's the nature of insurance... not normally used but good to have just in case.

3. Closingracer macrumors 68030

Personally I would buy it brand new and Apple care +. More money out of pocket but I like the insurance that it's not going to cost me $$$ should I break it.