AppleCare from US

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Praetorian®, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

Can I buy AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook in US and use it for my MB? Is there any "country restriction" like I have to buy AppleCare in same country I bought my computer? In my country, Apple haven't official branch, so it would be problem.

PS: I think I've seen this question somewhere in here but I didn't find it with "Search". Sorry. :(

2. Praetorian® thread starter macrumors regular

Praetorian®

3. RandyGandy macrumors newbie

yes apple do put country restrictions on the enrollment of APP's

i would sugest contacting apple in our area which you can purchase a APP over the phone

4. Dubba macrumors regular

i have always purchased my APP / AppleCare in the US [as I have my iBooks / PowerBooks / MacBooks] , and have had no problems having machines fixed / replaced in the UK. I would suspect it is the same for your country.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

From the FAQ here

Q:Where can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan?

The AppleCare Protection Plan is available at the online Apple Store, Apple retail stores, and many Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple recommends that you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan in your country of residence, because each AppleCare Protection Plan has terms and conditions specific to consumers of the country or region in which the plan is offered. Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete details.

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

Is Ebay a good place for Apple Care? I found that they are selling from 150-175 for Macbooks. That's cheaper than what the retail store is charging. Does the Apple Care extend my warranty and are products that claim "new, sealed in a box" legit for Apple Care?

7. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

I've considered buying AppleCare off eBay. It seems like a great deal with some of the ones you see. I'd say it's a good buy from eBay. Yes. It extends your warranty to 3 years instead of the complimentary 1 year. If it is sealed, it will be fine. YEs it will be legit, but make sure it is still wrapped in it's original wrapping.

8. Dubba macrumors regular

I may be wrong, but I think this has more to do with each country / region's specific consumer laws.

I have bought two iBooks, one 12" PowerBook, and a MacBook with their respective APPs in the US and brought them to the UK. I have had to have one of the iBooks repaired and the PowerBook replaced, and in one case was not asked anything about why they were bought/registered in the US. On one occasion I was asked, and just mentioned that I had moved to the UK, and that was that.

9. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja