Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steelers7510

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Lake Tahoe
I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, but if I want to purchase my iP5 from my local Verizon corporate store can I also purchase applecare+ directly from them?

I've heard a few conflicting answers on this subject and am just wondering if anyone has some solid answers...

peetah

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2009
Don't know. You can buy AppleCare anytime from any authorized Apple retailer before the warranty is up. I have a different suggestion, get the warranty through SquareTrade and save yourself a lot of money! Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage, SquareTrade does.

agtoau

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2006
Silicon Valley, CA
Don't know. You can buy AppleCare anytime from any authorized Apple retailer before the warranty is up. I have a different suggestion, get the warranty through SquareTrade and save yourself a lot of money! Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage, SquareTrade does.

I thought AppleCare+ does cover accidental damage (after a $49 deductible) for up to two incidents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.