Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zerocool23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Hi, I ordered a new MacBook with the AppleCare Protection Plan a few weeks ago. I received the MacBook in about a week, but just received a package this Friday, containing only the AppleCare disc, an AppleCare Certificate (with agreement # and hardware #), and the AppleCare guidebook. I checked on the Apple website, and logged into my .mac account, only to see that my plan has not been activated. Here is where I'm stuck: every time I try to activate it, the website seems to have a problem with the agreement number that Apple gave me (10 digit number). It always gives me the same error on the registration page, "The agreement number that you entered does not conform to Apple's agreement number format". Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
If you purchased your macbook from the Apple Online store and ordered the Applecare at the SAME TIME on the SAME Transaction, you are automatically registered.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Go to this website to see if your applecare has been registered.

zerocool23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Awesome, just checked, I'm covered until 2011. Strange though, when I checked on the Apple website (I clicked on the link that told what coverages I had), it didn't list any...Oh well, the Applecare is confirmed, thanks for all the help man.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Hi, I ordered a new MacBook with the AppleCare Protection Plan a few weeks ago. I received the MacBook in about a week, but just received a package this Friday, containing only the AppleCare disc, an AppleCare Certificate (with agreement # and hardware #), and the AppleCare guidebook. I checked on the Apple website, and logged into my .mac account, only to see that my plan has not been activated. Here is where I'm stuck: every time I try to activate it, the website seems to have a problem with the agreement number that Apple gave me (10 digit number). It always gives me the same error on the registration page, "The agreement number that you entered does not conform to Apple's agreement number format". Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks!

I had the exact same thing happen with my MBA AppleCare. I ended up calling AppleCare, and getting them to take care of everything on the phone. What happened was someone else had bought AppleCare and they entered the WRONG agreement #, which happened to be my AppleCare Agreement #, so they had to go in and correct the other person's AppleCare, then correct my AppleCare agreement # manually. Also, my Registration Number is (15) numbers. Try not to get the serial number mixed up with the Registration NUmber. Call AppleCare immediately! :cool:

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Awesome, just checked, I'm covered until 2011. Strange though, when I checked on the Apple website (I clicked on the link that told what coverages I had), it didn't list any...Oh well, the Applecare is confirmed, thanks for all the help man.

The website takes a few days to update. Check back in a few and it will be there. Also, you will be receiving a letter of confirmation from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.