AppleCare Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TJunkers, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

2. maghemi macrumors 6502

Did you buy the screen and the computer together? If so then yes it will cover both, you have the full 12 months to buy applecare.

If you bought the screen separately you may be out of luck in having that covered.

3. vanillagorilla macrumors newbie

I am not sure about your specific question, but seeing that price prompted me to comment.

I purchased an Applecare warranty through macman812 on eBay (based on a recommendation seen here) for $73.99.

When I logged in to register my MP, it brought up a secondary option of adding a monitor, if I had purchased it at the same time. I mention this because it seems as though that seller is implying that his product offers the monitor coverage, where it may not otherwise be included.

The $73.99 deal sounds way better to me, and my experience with that seller was fantastic!

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

don't think so....they have to be purchased at the same time according to info here (you'll have to have a receipt with them both on it)

Also; if you search this forum you'll find a very long thread about the dangers of buying super discounted applecare on ebay....so proceed with caution since in some cases it's a scam

5. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I've had good experiences with applecare on ebay, have my mac pro, macbook pro, 30" acd, 24" imac, macbook air, mac mini all covered under applecare bought on ebay. So far I've only had to use applecare on the battery on my MBP in Hong Kong.

You must buy both a computer and ACD at the same time for the ACD to be registered under the computer.

6. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

My mac pro and 30" acd were bought on separate occasions, when I registered my mac pro I entered my 30" serial in there as well to see if it will registered along with it and I was rejected.

7. jon87 macrumors newbie

I just though i'd let you know about my experience with buying AppleCare on ebay.

I bought Applecare for my Macbook Pro 17" a few months ago. It came quickly once i bought it and registered perfectly fine. I've used the Applecare service once - had to get my keyboard replaces because the backlight wasn't working.

I bought it of someone called ToshComputers, they have a 100% feedback and a high feedback rating.

Considering the price i paid i got a good deal and i've had no problems!