Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themat

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Manchester, UK
Just a quick question, I bought my Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Penryn at a highly discounted price from PC World in December 08 brand new and sealed in the box. I've thinking about getting Applecare for it because i want it to last as long as possible, so whilst shopping a couple of weeks ago I went into my local Apple store and was told that I can't get an education discount on Applecare :S. Has this always been the case or have I been given duff information? Im in the UK btw.

Cheers

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
There is a discount available but it isn't as much as it would have been if you bought the computer together with the protection plan.

HE students can get it for £216.20 from the online store, while normal customers would have to pay £273.00.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Wow, so that makes me think what Apple care did I receive..because mine came to about £45 after discount:confused:

f1d

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
I don't know about buying elsewhere, but if you buy Applecare through Apple... using your HE discount when you are buying your computer, you can get it for about £69 or around that.

Edit: Yeah, what neil said :p must be bought with computer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.