AppleCare - How do I check my product's...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Broph, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

Hi,

How can I check how many more days I have left on my complimentary 1-year support?

I have a 2011 MBP and an iPhone 4s - both were purchased around the same time in a month or so.

I'm under the impression that you have to purchase and activate this AppleCare within the 1-year window. When you do activate it, it gives you (in the iPhone's case) one year extra.

Is this one year extra from the time of activating it, or one year extra after it's first year anniversary of being registered?

I don't want to purchase and activate AppleCare now and waste a month or two of complimentary AppleCare.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Input your serial number here to check your warranty.

Don't worry about adding AppleCare, it adds the extra cover after the standard warranty has expired.

3. derrranged, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That is false. The original warranty covers for the first year, and AppleCare extends that coverage for two more years, beginning when the original warranty expires. The coverage is the same. Apple even makes it visually easy to understand:
    ScreenCap 2012-06-21 at Thu, Jun 21,4.20.27 AM .PNG

5. Broph thread starter macrumors 6502

Broph

Thanks for your reply,

I would probably want to get AppleCare for the iPhone because that's only $132 or so, compared to $550 odd for the Mac.

In NZ, there's no AppleCare+ which is extremely frustrating. So, just standard AppleCare.