AppleCare - How do I check my product's...

Broph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
Hi,

How can I check how many more days I have left on my complimentary 1-year support?

I have a 2011 MBP and an iPhone 4s - both were purchased around the same time in a month or so.

I'm under the impression that you have to purchase and activate this AppleCare within the 1-year window. When you do activate it, it gives you (in the iPhone's case) one year extra.

Is this one year extra from the time of activating it, or one year extra after it's first year anniversary of being registered?

I don't want to purchase and activate AppleCare now and waste a month or two of complimentary AppleCare.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Applecare will not waste your complimentary support. THey run in tandem with Applecare enhancing/upgrading/overriding the first year that you are in.
That is false. The original warranty covers for the first year, and AppleCare extends that coverage for two more years, beginning when the original warranty expires. The coverage is the same. Apple even makes it visually easy to understand:
ScreenCap 2012-06-21 at Thu, Jun 21,4.20.27 AM .PNG

Broph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
Applecare will not waste your complimentary support. THey run in tandem with Applecare enhancing/upgrading/overriding the first year that you are in.

You didn't say which device you want to the add the applecare to. But since you said Applecare, and not Applecare+, i'm assuming you mean the Mac.

Applecare is for Macs and adds 2 years for a total of 3 years coverage from original date of purchase of the computer, regardless of when the applecare is purchased or activated.

Applecare+ is for iPhones/ipads, adds 1 year for a total of 2 years from original device purchase date AND includes 2 incidents of accidental damage.

Each Applecare(+) is device specific and does not affect any dates for any other devices. You cannot use APP linked to one device with a different device. Yes they can and absolutely will check.
Thanks for your reply,

I would probably want to get AppleCare for the iPhone because that's only $132 or so, compared to $550 odd for the Mac.

In NZ, there's no AppleCare+ which is extremely frustrating. So, just standard AppleCare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.