Applecare in Latin America

PJM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I just bought a Macbook Pro here, in US. However, I will be living across Latin America during the next 3 years. Is it worth to get Applecare in my case? I have not even been able to find any number for phone support (just in Mexico). Any experience using Applecare in this region?

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
I just bought a Macbook Pro here, in US. However, I will be living across Latin America during the next 3 years. Is it worth to get Applecare in my case? I have not even been able to find any number for phone support (just in Mexico). Any experience using Applecare in this region?
I have no experience with using AppleCare internationally (or domestically for that matter; never had to contact them period!)... But I've heard people say that AppleCare is an international warranty, meaning if you have an authorized service center you should be set. I'd check the terms on the AppleCare page.

hanschien

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Houston, TX
How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP)
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304398

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.