AppleCare+ in the UK

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MoikeT, Mar 12, 2012.

1. MoikeT macrumors newbie

Anyone know if this insurance scheme is/will be available on this side of the pond?

Ta.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

No it isn't available here. Not yet at least and there have been no rumours as to when it might become available here.

3. MoikeT thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. (Wow, that was prompt!)

Oh, bother. I suppose I shall have to move to the USA then, but that's very complicated and I might end up getting one of those awful Anglo-American accents. :(

4. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ha! Don't worry about the AppleCare+ here. As it stands, Apple are pretty good at repairing iPads that have been damaged and don't charge all that much. If Applecare+ were available here then I doubt I'd take it up anyway. Repairing an iPad doesn't cost too much and if I break it then it's my own fault anyway. I'd rather stick to the standard warranty.

5. Chris230291 macrumors member

Your probably much better off going third party. We have 2 MacBooks, an iMac, an iphone and an ipad all insured through our building society for £8 a month. You have to pay the first £40 on any claims though.

Edit: Plus a HTC desire and maybe a second iPad.

6. MoikeT thread starter macrumors newbie

Good call. Thank you both. (Actually, the thought of the accent had already put me off, but it's good for my rapidly developing Apple obssessive anxiety syndrome to know that I'm not missing anything essential).