Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knocknak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
Hello hello! so I posted a topic before about how I was a college student, skipping some meals to save money for MBP for my Animaton major!

old thread:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/694179/

SO I FINALLY have more than enough money to buy the 17 inch laptop. Thank you very much for all your input! It really did help me think and reflect about my situation. Anyway - so I can finally buy 17 inch laptop

but not enough to buy the AppleCare. Well, I can buy it but it would help me so much to buy it later so my question is...

Q 1 a) With the free ipod touch promotion, if I buy applecare for mbp, does that cover ipod touch too? I tried searching on the forum, read various applecare topics but didnt see this one. And on the apple site it said something about applecare coverge for ipods, macbook pros and etc. Not sure if it was separate or if apple was nice enough to make it for both :D

Q 1 b) if it does cover ipod touch + mbp, will it still cover them when I buy it like 30 days after I buy my mbp? Or do I have to buy applecare at the same time I purchase touch + mbp?

Some updates on my life -
Thank you again guys for all your concerns! I'm not skipping meals - The place I work at is so graciously feeding me and giving me free meals. I'm so thankful for them. ++ I got to work all summer to raise money to buy mbp! But I have to say my donation to charities dramastically went down. hopefully I can start giving again when I become stable again after buying MBP. My parens are still in debt but we're still happy. Everyone's having a hard time during these economic times so I'm just so happy to be alive and well. and be a new mac owner soon!!! (for those who doesn't really care, thank you for reading! lol! its nice of you to take your time to read this)

ok that's all I have got to say for now. Thank you guys so much and can't wait to help others when I become more experienced with Apple just as you guys have helped me.

-Nak from Hawaii-

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
AppleCare is not insurance – tiz an extended warranty.

Also, you have one full year before you have to purchase it.

Also, it is separate for your iPod Touch and notebook.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
And Apple Care does not cover such things as dropping your iPod/Mac in the water; it is a warranty, not insurance. It doesn't cover scratches on the screen, abuse, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.