AppleCare International?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmackenzie89, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cmackenzie89 macrumors newbie

If I buy a macbook pro off of Amazon.com's website as well as the applecare, will it be valid in Canada?

As well if anyone fro the states can answer this, if I place an order on AMAZON.COM and have it shipped to a US address, do I have to pay tax? I heard somewhere that Amazon ships from tax-free states to avoid taxes?

It is sad how much of a difference there is between US and Canada prices. for the same price as a mac in Canada ($1300.00 that is with the edu discount) I can get a mac, applecare, and a case for the same price :( smh.

Anywho, thanks for your time.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Based on the fact that it's international AppleCare, it should be valid in Canada.

If you shipped the machine to a US address, how would you get it to Canada? If you pick it up, you can probably get away without having to pay duty. If it's shipped up to you, you will pay taxes on it. Don't forget your costs of getting the machine home (however it is making the trip).

You don't say where in Canada you live, but at least a couple of the US states on the Canadian border don't have sales tax. If you were going to go to the US to pick it up and you're close to a store in one of those states, you might just want to buy it in a store.

3. cmackenzie89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, should have mentioned it before, I am planning on visiting family down in the states (CT) so I would ship it to them, and take it back with me. I'm planning on bringing a external HD with all my media and files on it and just loading it up down there so it appears as if I have had it for a long time :/

Right now, the biggest worry for me, is the warranty issue. So if anyone has down something similar to this, please let me know :)

4. AJ/Apple macrumors newbie

beside the apple care , is the original warranty international as well ??
    because i might pick mine from the US then ill go back to the mid-east for about 1-2 years , on work basis .
    ive called apple center ther and they told me that it is international , but i just want to be sure from the US store .:D

5. Bear macrumors G3

An interesting plan. Are you flying or driving? If you're driving and going to be near of the NH Apple stores, might be good to buy it there since NH has no sales tax.

6. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

^ This. If you're spending a lot, it may be worth it.