AppleCare + iPad: Upgradeable Replacement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by illippinno, Apr 11, 2012.

1. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

Does anyone know if Apple is able to upgrade your iPad replacement through AppleCare for an up-charge of the difference? (For example, coming in with my 16gb iPad and paying the difference to get a 32gb 4G LTE version).

Seem a little farfetched, but I've heard of warranties offered by other retailers claiming if there's ever a need to warrant the item, that they give you a "gift card" of the value of your purchase to go towards a new item (Something along the lines of a CompUSA employee told me once about another electronic item).

Just a thought. Thanks!

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I've never heard of that being done, but I do hear that the :apple: stores tend to be flexible with customers. Might be worth a try.

3. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

5. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I can confirm based on experience that this is their policy.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

This. There's no negotiation under normal circumstances. If there are extenuating circumstances - your AT&T cellular module has died 3-4 times in a row and you request a change to VZW (just made up an example of a plausible situation), then MAYBE they'll work with you. But an upgrade or color swap just because you're in the mood - even if you pay the difference - no.