Applecare is 2 for 2 with me, I'm very pleased.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaydub, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

It's hard to complain about this kind of turnaround time!

[​IMG]

The computer was sent in for a logic board and screen replacement.

I took it in yesterday at 12:30pm, 3pm today it's completed and ready to be sent back to me. :)

2. slybeans macrumors member

That's good.

I shall definately purchase the extended warrenty before it kicks out. :D

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that's a pretty good time-- did you mail it in or was this done at a store?

4. jaydub thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaydub

It was done at the Apple Store in the Fashion Show Mall here in Vegas.

5. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

6. jaydub thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Wow, just to update, my MBP is already on its way back to the Apple Store here.

I'm blown away. :D

7. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

wow. your so lucky that they could do it in store. I wish the apple location near me did it instore. They had to ship it out to a repair facility. I was without my laptop for week. :(

-JoE

8. jaydub thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaydub

no my mac was shipped to Texas for repair. They didn't do it in-store.

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

I've had two experiences (involving mailing my Mac in for repair) where the total time my Mac was away turned out to be less than 48 hours. :eek:

I'd ship it out in the evening, it'd be gone all the next day, and then delivered back to me the following morning. Very impressive.

10. comptr macrumors 65816

I think I can beat that I have a macbook pro 2.33 core 2 duo that is being replaced under apple care for the latest macbook pro so I think the apple care is worth it and I plan on always buying it on all of my macs.

11. jaydub thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Honestly I wasn't looking for a replacement, though now that I have my machine back I'm considering selling it and buying a newer one. They replaced the screen, keyboard, top case, and main logic board.

12. LVdustin macrumors regular

I have to admit, the Fashion Show mall apple store is by far the best apple store for service, aside from the Town Square store, the Fashion Show actually has a genius bar, and they take care of their problems quickly! I had a 24 turn-over period for my iPod and Mac when they sent it in from there as well. I am very pleased :)

13. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

OOooo :eek: :eek:. Thats crazy!! I wish my apple store would work like that!! It usually takes them a day or to get it out there. Nice!!!

-JoE

14. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

Nice to hear someone had a POSITIVE experience with Apple Repair and Applecare.:)

15. jaydub thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaydub

Indeed. I feel it's my responsibility to report positive experiences too, because all too often here we hear negative. :)

16. comptr macrumors 65816

I know I also wasn't expecting them to replace the whole unit but they did and when I went the secound time to give the computer it said that I had 6 different problems with the computer and that allowed them to replace it. Well I always had excellent service at this store and they always promtly fix my laptop.

17. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

apple recently replaced my lcd on my 2 years and 9 month old 12" powerbook because of white spots. at first they didn't want to do it, but the genius took pity on me and he said he would make an exception. 3 hours later, i have a new bright, spot free lcd. it's like it's new again and i just bought it used a month ago. in the pic it says it was done the next day, but it was actually fixed and picked up by me after 3 hours. i'm so glad i bought a used laptop with applecare!

[​IMG]

18. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I'd also like to add a positive comment, my hard drive died after 2 months on my macbook. I called Apple Support on Monday, and the box on Tuesday morning. I boxed the MB and DLH picked it up Tuesday afternoon. Repaired and back in my hands Thursday. Absolutely the best service I have had, which help me decide on between a Dell XPS vs MBP. My new MBP has been ordered and should receive it in 2 - 3 days.

19. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

WOW! that's a lot better than I have ever experienced with apple car. I have got denied many times at apple store because of little dings and scratches not even close to the problem and they would not service. Finally I stopped going to apple stores and to certified apple tech shops and they accepted my computer with the apple care and fixed it. So I have had no good experience with Genius Bar with my powerbook, although I have with my iPhone so maybe they have changed.

20. honeycrisp macrumors regular

Good to know!