Applecare is GREAT!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zeus86, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Zeus86 macrumors member

Just received my MBP 2011 13' back with the display clamshell replaced. I had two dead pixels and a small dent on the corner of the outer shell. I truly believe sending in your laptop to Apple instead of the genius bar gives you better results. I sent my laptop in on Friday and got it back today. I was scared they were not going to repair it cause of the dent but to my surprise it's back to looking brand new again. Genius Bar SUCKS!!!

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

I still prefer Squaretrade. It covers everything Applecare does (inc. repairs from Apple) but adds accidental damage coverage in case I drop it or spill a drink on it.

3. randomrazr macrumors 65816

were there any scrtaches? i got a repair in mail option but im not sure if its worth it. there gonna replace the alunimum lid cause mine was scuffed when i first got my macbook and fix the clicking hinge

4. Zeus86 thread starter macrumors member

No scratches but I had dent which is worse than a scratch.

5. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

My friend sent her out-of-warranty Classic iPod to Apple with $79 to have a new battery installed. The screen was turning black from the top down after she dropped it, but since it was out of warranty, she didn't mention it:). They sent her an email asking if they could just replace the entire iPod with a new one, and they sent her a brand new one just like the one I had spent $400 for.

6. ChazB macrumors member

Squaretrade is US only so for us lowly Canadians we're suck with either the Apple Store (if you're lucky to have one close by) or Applecare.

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

should i send mine in?

8. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

It works internationally b/c I'll be studying abroad next year and I asked them about that. They said that I can take it to whoever will fix it over there (which will be the Apple store of course) and they will either mail me a check or deposit the money in my Paypal account.

Of course, I purchased it here in the US first so maybe that's the difference. Do you have any family or friends in the US that you could use as an address?

9. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Older 2008 Macbook for me. About a week before AppleCare expired I took it in and got a new screen, new top and bottom case, new trackpad, new keyboard... basically everything except the innards. Wasn't expecting all that "generosity"... just the cracked bottom case.

Sold it for $600 and applied that to a new MBP.

10. Zeus86 thread starter macrumors member

11. randomrazr macrumors 65816

12. lfshammu macrumors member

I got a Free charger and battery out of them brand new. also around 5 iphones, one of which was smashed. I'd have to say that the genius bar is great!

13. randomrazr macrumors 65816

they gave u 5 iphones?

14. solowmodel macrumors 6502