AppleCare Just "Fixed" My MacBook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jon31rm, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jon31rm macrumors member

I sent my MacBook into AppleCare on Friday for the following problems:

1. MacBook topcase crack:

[​IMG]

2. Top / Bottom out of alignment (no before pics)

3. Firewire port not working

Today (Wednesday), my MacBook returned. Here are the results:

1. Topcase replaced, now with boils:

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Top / Bottom still out of alignment:

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Firewire fixed, but now I get a debug screen at restart/shutdown:

[​IMG]

I'm a little upset, so I've rescheduled an appointment at the Genius Bar tomorrow. Am I overreacting?

:(

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Nope. Keep returning it until you are satisfied.

3. Bman3221 macrumors member

i would return it for them to fix it. I dissapointed to hear the service that AppleCare provides of the people that i heard who have it. Mac makes their products so only they can fix them. People pay alot of money just for the AppleCare, it should be changed to AppleDONTCare.

4. GeneKam macrumors regular

oh dude dont worry, the bulgy case is quite common, mine had that from the beginning, plus where my usb ports are, i can push in the side on the laptop in, i am really disappointed with apple, and with poor blackberry support i now really regret purchasing one. I am forced to use crappy build laptop with vista, should have probably gotten acer, would have been maby two times cheaper and twice the quality.

5. rogair macrumors member

1. Pinch the corner with you thumb and forefinger, it should snap back down.

2. That alignment should have been fixed when the top case was removed. I've seen worse, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't sent it back.

3. Reset your PRAM. Cmd, Option, P, R on startup.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

For $1200 I'd have them give me a NEW...

MB 2.4 Penryn 250GB and then I'd be "satisfied" with their customer service. :cool:

7. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

It does go back down, but it just pops right back up when pressure is released. :confused:

Thank you VERY much. That did the trick. You'd think that AppleCare would have done that. :rolleyes:

Haha, I wish...

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's exactly what I did...

last week Wednesday. Got a brand new BlackBook 2.4 Penryn 250 GB 4GBSDRAM. :p

9. jon31rm thread starter macrumors member

As a replacement, or what? Mine's a Late '06 2.0 2GBRAM upgraded to a 250GB HD. Wish I had more ram though. How much faster is the Penryn?

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Mine was the MB 2.16, 120GB...

August '07, and it had screen issues. Sorry, I couldn't tell how old/new your MB was. I'm not a benchmark person, but I do some work with HandBrake and MPEG StreamClip to transfer all my DVDs to iPhone's Mpeg4 or iPod Video and the new Penryn does the work 40% - 50% faster in most cases. Also, I can run InDesign CS, Safari, Word '08 and HandBrake/StreamClip all at the same time without a problem with speed. Also, the heating up issue seems half the amount of heat in my previous MB. There are other posts regarding benchmarks. Feel free to PM me. :cool: