Applecare... just say YES!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MikeLuna, Jun 19, 2008.

1. MikeLuna macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just a brief story of why Applecare is so worth it!

I have a Power Mac G5 that will be 3 years old in November, purchased Applecare at the time. A few months ago, I started experiencing odd red ghosting on my Rt monitor intermittently It was workable but really annoying. Really no rhyme or reason for it.

I did the basic stuff, switching the monitor cables and monitors, (the issue followed the problem side of the video card) changed out cables, no help. Ran diagnostics on the ram, no luck. Finally called Applecare.

Tech was out in one day and replaced the video card, next day problem is back. Two days the tech is out and replaces the mother board. Back again, within 24 hours, replaced the ram. Things were ok for a month or like I said, it was an intermittent problem, but alas came back.

Called Applecare this Monday, and behold... I have a brand new replacement 2.8 - 8 core mac pro with 8 gb of ram, 2 500 GB drives and the 8800 GT on its way... no charge! Have 30 days to send them back the G5.

It has been an example of how good service should be!

Thanks Apple!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

nice to see someone not complaining about service, and congrats on your beast

3. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

should I buy applecare now or wait for the update? applecare might update at Macworld 09. Redesigned box i hear.

4. Tattoo macrumors 6502

LMFAO!:D

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

6. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Thanks for sharing a positive experience. It seems like you only hear about the negative so this is refreshing. Congrats on the replacement machine as well :)