Applecare: L.A. Computer vs. Ebay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by idrinkwater, Aug 16, 2009.

1. idrinkwater macrumors newbie

I've had my 13 inch macbook for almost a year now, and it's time to buy applecare. Amazon and L.A. Computer have wonderful prices on this compared to apple, but ebay is cheaper still. I was looking at this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-Care-Appl...ca47191d3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_2379wt_1167) and it looks fairly reputable. Does anyone have experience with this seller, and if so, did everything go smoothly? Thanks

2. highertechnology macrumors 6502

I would ONLY buy on ebay if the box was included. I wouldnt take the risk with these power sellers and all of their feedback is from the last 12 months.

The least expensive I found on ebay WITH THE SEALED BOX WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER was 199 for the 15".

Watch out for people who say they have the box but the serial number fell off, whoops.

Good luck.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There's a thread with dozens of pages about AppleCare from eBay. It's worked fine for others but in many cases, it didn't. It's a lot cheaper to buy it once from premium reseller than buy it twice from eBay

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

That's great to hear. Dealmac often has "exclusive" offers with them - an extra 10% kind of thing - and I was curious about them. Worth a stop at dealmac.com to check out if the current cross-promo includes AC.