Applecare legit?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rip-the-jacker, Jun 24, 2011.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks ok to me, but there's no way to tell completely until you register it.

Given that you get the box provides a higher degree of comfort as most counterfeit applecares are sold without the box

3. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh, I see, cheers for the reply dude. Will probably go ahead and order soon.

RTJ

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

eBay AppleCare seems to be a no-go nowadays as Apple may ask for proof of purchase when registering or using the plan. A receipt of eBay action is not accepted, so even if you get the box, you may face issues.

Take a look at Amazon for instance. They sell discounted AppleCare which is 100% legit.

5. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, some food for thought there :s , and Amazon seems to be at a decent price too....

RTJ

6. tonystark21 macrumors newbie

my 1 year warranty expires tomorrow, june 25, and i was also considering buying from amazon instead of directly from apple to save the $40.

i understand you have to extend before expiration (june 25), but if i order from amazon today and don't get the box until monday or tuesday, am i still ok, since my receipt of the box would be after june 25?