Applecare Macbook-Discount?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Enigmafan420, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

On another post here, someone mentioned something about a MICROSOFT (!) 30% discount on Applecare for Macbook using ebay.

I have never heard of any of this. Right now I see Applecare on ebay for about $160-another 30% off would be SWEET.

Does anyone out there know what this is about?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Why would Microsoft offer this kind of discount? I can't see Microsoft doing that. Most likely it's stolen or fake. Sometimes people do manage to buy a lot and resell, but I wouldn't chance it.

3. rema macrumors regular

i dont actually know the ins and outs of that promotion but i to read that thread it was something like if you access ebay via the Microsoft 'live' website you get 30% of ebay purchases i've never tried this and dont know how it works just wanted to help clarify:)

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

works like a charm. bought my macbook with it for $1750
    that's with 4gb ram and a 500GB hard drive by the sway!

and you can do the same with the macbook applecare

just go to live.com and sign up for the program look for the cashback program.

its easy and 0 days later you get 25-30% back. through paypal or check right to your door.

5. fk51785 macrumors regular

you get 25% off from Microsoft Live.
    i got like $40 from Live.com when I bought EeePC on ebay.

6. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Am I the only one here that thinks it IRONIC that M$ may be helping us fund our Apple addictions?!?

Maybe THERE IS still a good reason for M$ to exist... :D

7. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

It should be noted it takes a couple months to get that money back if memory serves.

8. azdmelani macrumors member

i used it to purchase apple care on ebay on Monday. got 10% off using the ebay coupon that expires tomorrow and 25% cash back from live.com takes 60 days to get the cash back.

Here is my question- I couldnt get back to ebay through live.com after my purchase. Can you only use a store through them once?

9. sselemit macrumors member

wow. this was what i exactly did 30mins ago. 10% with 25% cash back. the best part was the cash back remained the same even after you had applied the coupon.

10. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

LOOK PEOPLE THIS IS VERY SIMPLE.

FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU WILL GET YOUR DISCOUNT.

YOU PROBABLY HAVE TO BE IN THE US TO DO THIS BUT I AM NOT 100% SURE OF THIS, GO TO LIVE.COM AND LOOK UP THE RULES, I CAN'T DO EVERYTHING HERE, THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY HOURS IN THE DAY!

1. YOU HAVE TO JOIN SO GO TO THIS LINK & READ THE VERY SIMPLE DIRECTIONS. THY ASK FOR NOTHING OTHER THAN YOUR EMAIL.

http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

2. ONCE YOU HAVE JOINED, SIGN IN, DUH?

3. THEN GO TO LIVE.COM AGAIN AND PUT IN YOUR SEARCH CRITERIA IN THE SEARCH BOX: I.E. "APPLE CARE PROTECTION MACBOOK" OR ANYTHING ELSE YOUR GREEDY LITTLE HEART DESIRES, IPOD, IMAC, NANO, SPANO DANO, WHATEVER.....

FOR AN EXAMPLE, LETS LOOK FOR A G TECH MINI DRIVE
    TYPE IN
    G TECH MINI DRIVE
    CLICK ENTER TO DO THE SEARCH.
    A FEW MOMENTS LATER YOU WILL HAVE SEARCH RESULTS IN FRONT OF YOU
    NOW HERE'S WHERE PEOPLE GET CONFUSED.....

LOOK FOR THE LITTLE EBAY LINK ON THE PAGE THAT SAYS:

G tech
    - www.ebay.comLive Search cashbackLive Search cashback

Buy G tech. You may get 25% off with PayPal if eligible.

CLICK THAT AND YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO EBAY AND THE SEARCH RESULTS THERE. LOOK FOR THE DRIVE YOU WANT OR EITHER FINE TUNE YOUR SEARCH THERE OR SIMPLY GO TO THE EBAY SEARCH BOX AND ENTER AN ITEM NUMBER OF A G TECH YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD YOUR EYE ON, ONLY BUY I NOW REMEMBER....OR WHATEVER IT WAS YOUR DOING A SEARCH FOR YOU WERE LOOKING AT

ENTER IT AND YOU WILL TAKIN DIRECTLY TO THAT ITEM (LIKE MACBOOK APPLECARE PROTECTION, BUT MAKE SURE YOU START OFF IN A LIVE.COM IF YOUR GOING TO SEARCH FOR A DIFFERENT ITEM)

(IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DO NOT SEE AN EBAY INK, HEN LOOK FOR THE TINY LITTLE LINK THAT SAYS"WEB", HIT THAT AND THEN YOU WILL MOST DEFINITELY SEE THE EBAY LINK)

NOW MAKE SURE YOU SEE A LITTLE CASHBACK SYMBOL ON THE UPPER LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE, AND THIS IS GOOD ONLY FOR BUY IT NOW WITH PAYPAL REMEMBER,

NOW SELECT THE ITEM, AND HIT BUY IT NOW, NOTE THIS WILL NOT COMMIT YOU TO THE PURCHASE, JUST TAKE YOU TO THE NEXT PAGE WHERE YOU SHOULD, IF YOU FOLLOWED THESE DIRECTIONS,
    SEE WHAT YOUR CASHBACK REWARD IS, RIGHT THERE, & UP TO 25-30% OF THE BUY IT NOW PRICE.

NOW IF YOUR FEELING LIKE YOU WANT TO COMMIT TO THE PURCHASE,
    JUST MAKE SURE YOU SAW THE CASHBACK SMBOL AND WHAT YOUR ENTITLED TO
    SO GO AHEAD, DO IT, BUY IT NOW!

AND THEN PAY FOR IT THROUGH PAYPAL,

THIS IS PART OF THE PROCESS AND YOU CAN NOT OBTAIN THE DISCOUNT ANY OTHER WAY.

ONCE YOU PAY FOR IT THE FINAL PAGE WILL BE YOUR PAYAL RECEIPT FOR PAYMENT ON YOUR ITEM AND

A LINK STATING TO LOOK IN YOUR EBAY MAIL INBOX FOR A MESSAGE WITH THE HEADER "CASHBACK". IT USSUALLY ARRIVES A SHORT TIME AFTER, SOMETIMES A FEW HOURS BUT IT COMES, ALWAYS.

ONCE YOU GET THIS MESSAGE, CICK THE LINK AND YOU ARE WISKED TO THE CASHBACK REWARDS PAGE, YOU LOG ON, AND YOUR PURCHASE IS REGISTERED. IT WILL NOT SHO UP AGAIN RIGHT AWAY AS THE PURCHASE HAS TO BE VERIFIED, BLAH BLAH, BUT AGAIN IT ILL SHOW UP IN A FEW HOURS.

THEN,
    AND HERE'S THE CATCH BOYS & GIRLS,

YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR 60 DAYS FOR THE CASHBACK AWARD.

I GUESS THIS ENSURES NO HANKY PANKY, NO RETURNS ETC, WHATEVER....

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I CAN WAIT FOR A DISCOUNT LIKE THAT! IT WILL COME AND IT WILL BE EITHER DEPOSITED TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR YOU CAN OPT FOR A CHECK TO BE SENT TO YOU DIRECTLY.

THAT IS THE ONLY DOWN SIDE AND THE ONLY "CATCH", if you want to be so stupid as to call it that.

YOU CAN DO THIS FOR UP TO $2500.00 a year.

AND THERE ARE CERTAIN STORES, YES, FAMOUS WELL KNOWN STORES, THAT PARTICIPATE in this promotion, MACMALL BEING ONE, AND WHO ALL GIVE A DISCOUNT, ALL STORES GIVE DIFFERANT DISCOUNTS,

EBAY SEEMS TO BE FAR AND ABOVE THE BEST DISCOUNT AVAILABLE.

I KNOW MANY WILL BE SUSPICIOUS, AND MANY WILL BE AFRAID AND ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO THE NAYSAYERS IS,

IF YOU WANT TO PAY RETAIL FOR THINGS BE MY GUEST BUT THIS IS LIKE A GIFT FROM HEAVEN, FREE MONEY WITH A SMALLSTRING ATTACHED CALLED "PATIENCE".

I HAVE OVER $300.00 IN CASH COMING BACK TO ME ALREADY FOR MY MACBOOK PURCHASE AND A CASE I BOUGHT. I'M GONNA GET THE APPLE CARE AND A GTECH DRIVE NEXT, AND I'M GOING TO USE THIS FOR EVERY CENT OF THE $2500.00 I AM ENTITILED TO AND WHY THE HELL NOT.

AFTER ALL WHAT HAS MICROSOFT EVER DONE FOR ME, NOTHING

BUT NOW I CAN HONESTLY SAY HEY, THANKS A WHOLE HELLUVA ALOT!

NOW GO SHOPPING AMERICA!