Applecare macbook pro screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by balinmar, Jan 27, 2009.

1. balinmar macrumors newbie

So a couple of weeks ago a bought a used macbook pro with 2 more years of applecare for a decent price. When the macbook pro came in the mail, the screen had some problems (see pic, had 2 of these ''bolt' like things) I was so upset. i figured that applecare would not cover this, because if it did then original seller would have just gotten it fixed. i posted some pics on here to see if anyone could help me out and tell me what the problem was. a couple of users told me that the issue was accidental and that i wouldnt get it fixed for free (had a 1,200 charge). I thought that it wouldnt be worth the fix since i could cover the problem up with the OSX doc (sort of). but then i thought to myself "i should just give it a try" and decided to take it in to get it looked at anyway. well i took it to an apple replace center about an hour away from here. the technician took a look at the screen and said "applecare will cover this, don't even worry about it". I was so happy I even pushed my luck a little and said "i've been having problems with the Superdrive since its having a hard time to read media sometimes, and my battery doesnt seam to last as long as it should for only having 180 cycles". the technician said "ill take a look at everything and give you a call tomorrow after Apple gives me the green light on what i can and can not replace".

4 days later....im sitting home with a BRAND NEW screen (the entire thing), new battery, and a new Superdrive. everything completely free of charge and 2 more years of applecare to go. i really didnt think that Apple costumer service would be so good down here in Mexico.

[​IMG]

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

That was nice of them :)

Good to hear some positive stories for a change.

3. balinmar thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i guess i got lucky. i think it was also because it wasnt apple directly, it was an apple certified technician and he probably helped me out a bit.

4. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

i too have exactly the same problems and one more.. i am gonna take my mac in tomorrow for the repairs.. but what hurts is we've spent so much on this mac.. a lil bit stricter quality control apple ?:apple: