AppleCare name change...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by pramaprow, Jun 24, 2013.

1. pramaprow macrumors newbie

Hi...

I'm buy my friend's MacBook Pro and it has the three year extended AppleCare warranty...my question is: will it still be valid after changing hands, and can I change the name on the warranty to mine?...

Thank you...

2. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

AppleCare is tied to the machine's serial number not a person... You don't need to do anything (except maybe add the machine to your support profile if you fancy).

3. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Yes. AC allows for ONE name change, per policy, as per the AC T&C's.

Read them. Then phone AC to get it done, with the T&C cite to hand in case you get a dumb AC rep on the phone who doesn't know their own T&C policy documentation correctly.

...obviously, your FRIEND will have to do this, as it's his/her policy until they move it over to your name.

4. pramaprow thread starter macrumors newbie

AppleCare name change...

G-Mo...thank you kindly...

----------

jimthing...and you, thank you kindly...

5. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

You can do it by email too, just needs proof of purchase and I did it around 2 hours with an email confirmation telling me a need coverage certificate was being mailed to new owner. ^^

Hope this helps. The email is somewhere on the Apple site explaining transfership.

6. pramaprow thread starter macrumors newbie