AppleCare new replacement computer issue question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pullfocus, Nov 7, 2009.

1. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

I'm just making this a seperate thread so it doesn't get buried with the other one.

If I just received a new replacement Unibody 15" MBP, but there is a slight "mesh-pattern" issue with moving images or video on the display, will AppleCare also take care of that, or will they tell me to basically not look a gift horse in the mouth and deal with it? So to speak, of course.

I've just never had to deal this extensively with AppleCare before and am wondering how this all works; and if anyone has eny experience with this, that would be great.

One last thing, if I can take it into the store and have them just replace the display, or swap it out, since it's a stock 15" 2.66 with the anti-glare option, if they have those in store, would they? Or do I have to deal with Apple over the phone yet again.

Thanks in advance and I really do appreciate it.

2. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

If there's a fault with it they should replace/repair it again, no matter whether they've just given you a replacement or not. As for the rest, I don't know. I'd suggest call them and see what they say.

3. Tweak3D macrumors regular

I had a similar issue, call them up, they will replace it again if needed if you do it quickly, no repairs since its a new model.