AppleCare not available?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GrannieSmith, Feb 16, 2009.

1. GrannieSmith macrumors newbie

I don't know how to take a screenshot, or I would.

I just tried to register my AppleCare (which I bought from the Apple Store the same day I bought my MacBook) and when I click "submit" I get a message telling me the product I'm trying to use is unavailable in my location (which I know for a fact isn't the case - I live in NC, not on Mars).

Has anyone else ever seen this happen? I printed the screen to a PDF so when I go to the Apple Store tomorrow they don't think I'm nuts. I know there's no problem with what I bought, and I know I'll get it taken care of in the morning, but it's a bit annoying and I was curious to see if others had had this happen.

Also - hope I posted this in the right thread, or at least something close to correct. . .

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Call Apple and explain it to them, should be easy to fix.

3. GrannieSmith thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that - but Apple connected me to the AppleCare center - the iPod division, for some strange reason - with someone who spoke no English and when I was transferred to the MacBook section, I got a message saying they were closed. Missed it by twenty minutes. Figures. :cool:

I'm sure it'll get fixed, it's just annoying when that kind of stuff happens after hours, you know?

I was actually concerned when the first person I spoke with said to me (and she spoke lovely American, clear California English), "You know AppleCare is a service plan, right?"

Really? I had no idea.

4. crewsd macrumors newbie

I live in NC too, same thing happened to me. I just called and they fixed it up right away. Be sure to say your AppleCare Numbers/Computer Serial number really slowly and say the numbers not "o".