Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I purchased my iMac last Sunday from the Apple online store and I also purchased AppleCare.

I have received the iMac, so I decided to check the AppleCare on Apple's support page, but when I type in the serial number it doesn't show that I have purchased AppleCare. On my receipt page it says the AppleCare is "Complete" but I was just wondering why it is not showing up when I enter my serial.

Does it take a certain amount of time before it actually registers?

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I purchased my iMac last Sunday from the Apple online store and I also purchased AppleCare.

I have received the iMac, so I decided to check the AppleCare on Apple's support page, but when I type in the serial number it doesn't show that I have purchased AppleCare. On my receipt page it says the AppleCare is "Complete" but I was just wondering why it is not showing up when I enter my serial.

Does it take a certain amount of time before it actually registers?

Yes. I bought AppleCare separately for my parents and registered last Monday, it still is showing "Status: Registration in progress" at http://www.apple.com/support/applecare/view/

When I bought my MBP last year it took about 10 days to show.

Edit: I just received my verification.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.