AppleCare+ Not showing up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tanker-X, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Tanker-X macrumors member

Hey guys, quick question. I purchased AppleCare+ with my new iPhone 4S. I went to apple.com just to see my other Apple products that carry the regular Apple Care, and my iPhone 4S is not there? I checked my receipt and it clearly shows that I purchased AppleCare+. Is there a separate area to confirm the Plus version on Apple's website? Wasn't sure...

Thanks.

T-X

2. fuxl macrumors member

Mine showed up right next to my iMac on the day of purchase.
    I even got a letter in the mail.

3. yrchern macrumors member

Mine wasn't there as well but they have fixed it for me.

On the coverage status page, there's a link "submit your proof of purchase online". Click it and log in with your Apple ID, upload the invoice (you can get it from order status page). They will fix it for you within 2 or 3 days.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I'm having the same issue. Bought AppleCare+ for my parents iPhone 4S's at the Apple Store. Neither is showing up online as being registered for it.

I submitted that proof of purchase and haven't had a response back yet.

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Yeah, that was the site I logged into. I haven't received the paperwork, but seeing how the person above saw his appear immediately has me worried. :/

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yeah, that is weird. When I called AC to purchase AC+ for my brother under my AppleID, it appeared there within minutes. Do you know which AppleID it's associated with?

8. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

No, but I tried both. I made the Genius Bar appointment with my non-iCloud/MobileMe/.Mac account AppleID and the iPhone's are registered under that account. When the Genius asked me if that was my email, I saw it was the proper email.

Ironically, my parents iMac AppleCare shows up under both Apple ID's..... I'm just hoping support is backlogged due to the holidays and why they didn't reply yet.

9. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Yes, that seems a bit odd. I would understand the "processing" stage to be backlogged but not the actual appearance of it. I got mine at purchase and my brother's several weeks after purchase. It was there within minutes of the purchase, but it was in "processing" for a couple weeks before it was completed and the paper contract was sent.

10. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I did that submit proof of purchase by providing them the receipt of the purchase back on Monday. They say 24-48 hours, but nothing yet 3 days out....

11. Tanker-X thread starter macrumors member

Just as a followup guys, I called Apple and they confirmed I had Apple Care + Registered to my phone, however the customer support guy was very confused as to why it was not showing up....

I know I'm covered, but it would be nice to see it.

T-X

12. Toby Ziegler, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

I'm having a similar problem as well. I purchased AppleCare Plus for my 4S on the 7th and as of this morning (the 9th) the transaction has posted to my online bank statement, but the support page still doesn't show my phone as being covered.

More than that, I didn't get an receipt emailed to me. Funny thing is, I purchased a case after I was done with the AppleCare bit and I got the emailed receipt for that. :confused: And yes, I checked the junk and spam folder...

Spoke with someone at Apple and they said that it could take anywhere from a week up to a month to appear on the support page, but that my bank statement would qualify as proof of purchase if it came down to that.

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Definitely keep your receipt handy, just in case something happens and there's any dispute as to whether you're covered.

14. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I purchase several phones and a few computers each year. My AppleCare shows up within weeks to as much as just over a month.

Not to worry, Apple is excellent with organization & processing. The key point to remember is they've got to have an unbelievable work load with all the products they sell.

15. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

If apple says it could take from a week to a month to appear on the support page, why are you concerned?

I was told I'd get a confirmation email when I bought it on the phone and never got one. The next week (just over a week later) I called and they told me they were pretty backed up and it could take another week or 2. I don't remember how much longer it was but I had it within the next few days.

16. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

To follow up on my post, they showed up and received all the paperwork.

17. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

I'm not necessarily concerned, but when my bank statement says they've got my money and I've got little other than that to show for it, it does pique my interest.

To be fair, the rep I spoke with was understanding and very helpful. Can't complain about that.