AppleCare+ on BBY purchased iPad?

Emoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
Is it possible for me to purchase an iPad at Best Buy and either at the store or online later purchase the AppleCare+ plan? If I break my iPad once, I still come out about 50 bucks ahead, which would be nice...

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Is it possible for me to purchase an iPad at Best Buy and either at the store or online later purchase the AppleCare+ plan? If I break my iPad once, I still come out about 50 bucks ahead, which would be nice...
Apple's site says AppleCare+ is coming soon. Once it's available, you'll be able to purchase it regardless of where you bought the iPad. I don't think you'll be able to get it online though once you already have the iPad, because you need to take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store in order for them inspect it and make sure there's no damage to it.

This is from Apple's site:
AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of the date you bought your new iPad. If you did not purchase AppleCare+ with your iPad, you may purchase it at an Apple Retail Store. To buy AppleCare+ at an Apple Retail Store, a Genius will first need to verify your iPad purchase date and confirm that your iPad has no pre-existing damage.

Emoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
Apple's site says AppleCare+ is coming soon. Once it's available, you'll be able to purchase it regardless of where you bought the iPad. I don't think you'll be able to get it online though once you already have the iPad, because you need to take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store in order for them inspect it and make sure there's no damage to it.

This is from Apple's site:
a;lsjflf that's unfortunate. I don't have an apple store in town, just a Best Buy, and I don't have the money to preorder it. Though I am planning a trip to Houston a few days after the release....

mikepro

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
This happened for many last year for the iPhone 4s launch.

Just wait a bit for the crush to die down, and call Apple and order it. Since you haven't gotten your iPad yet, they should be able to sell it to you.