AppleCare on eBay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JBaker122586, May 29, 2008.

1. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I think I'm about to be in the market for a new MBP. I'm in college as an advertising student, and bought a new iMac in December, but feel like having an MBP to complement it would be very helpful with some of the time-intensive work I'll be doing.

The thing is, I'm a college student, and will probably need to take out a loan just to buy the damn thing. I really want the added security of AppleCare, but don't know if I can afford it at the time. I see AppleCare going for $60-150 on eBay. Are any of these legit? I just don't understand why anyone would own AppleCare if not to use it on their machine...

Also, the current low-end MBP should be capable of running CS3 pretty decently, right?

Thanks for the help.

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

They are legit (for the most part, check feedback) and the current lowest end model MBP will make short work of CS3.

3. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

I've got the midrange MBP (2.5ghz, 512MB vram, 4 gig ram) and it can do CS3 with huge RAW files with Aperture open as well with no slow down. The midrange would probably suffer a little bit.

AppleCare on ebay is fine, just check feedback and make sure its sealed.

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

you say you have the midrange, and then say it would suffer a bit :confused:

:D

I doubt my 2.4/4GB/256 would suffer with cs3

im looking at applecare too on ebay, but not just yet.

5. johan.k macrumors regular

:rolleyes:

I had my own experiences buy this stuff. eBay is the only way for me to get best price since it's darn expensive at my country. You may ask the seller to provide the receipt from source they got for verification purpose. Good luck & Bid with Confidence.

6. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Are you sure the AppleCare you looked up on eBay are for MBPs? They are not really that cheap, the last time I looked, they were close to $200 for the MBP.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I was thinking the same thing. $200 is the cheapest I have ever seen Applecare for MBP. I got mine for $199.99, and he emailed me the serial number to register it.