AppleCare on Ebay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr Rogerss, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Mr Rogerss macrumors member

I am looking to get AppleCare for my MBP, and I was going to buy on ebay to save a hundred bucks or so...I came across a couple of these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/APPLE-MACBOOK-P...14&_trkparms=72:1419|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

And I found out people just email the info I need...I just feel weird paying two hundred dollars for a email...is it safe to do this?

The seller has really good feedback...

Just thought I would get some experiences and thoughts about it.

thanks again guys.

2. mcruzader macrumors regular

I recently purchased my applecare through ebay and got the code over email. I'm happy to say, it worked. But just in case, use paypal and if you don't get the email, start a dispute and you should be covered. Also remeber to use the .live 25% discount and the 10% ebay has going on right now. :)

3. Mr Rogerss thread starter macrumors member

How do I get these discounts? Thanks for the input, is the link I posted a good price? I will probably make the purchase, it sounds safe.

4. mcruzader macrumors regular

For the live discount you should go here. There should be a couple of links to ebay that say LiveSearch Cashback. CLick on one of those and on the ebay page there should be a Live Search Cash back icon. You have about 60 min. to go find the apple care you actually want and buy it. The the code for the 10% discount you enter at PayPal. CFALLSAVINGS10P. Also the cashback from live you will get in 60 days according to them :mad:.

5. Mr Rogerss thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help man.

The Apple care was like retail 350, and from those and ebay I got for it like $140.

6. maxfli macrumors newbie

Are there any limitations on this coupon? I was looking at getting an iMac on eBay sometime in the near future and if I can get another 25% and 10% off that would be amazing! Can they be used together?

7. azdmelani macrumors member

Yes. I used mine together to get apple care for my macbook yesterday.

Note the 10% coupon expires Thursday

8. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I think they can be used together, but the limit on the live cashback is $200 and the 10% coupon is $100. Also, I think you can only use that 10% code if it was sent to you by eBay.

9. maxfli macrumors newbie

So there is no limit to using this just for Applecare? Do you have to use buy it now for the .live one or do you just need to make sure you win the auction within the 60 minutes?

10. mcruzader macrumors regular

You can only use the 10% ebay coupon once. Also, it has to be a buy it now, not an auction.

11. ro-76 macrumors member

If I purchase applecare from a US seller, can I apply it to a European purchased notebook?

12. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I've bought AppleCare off of eBay two times: MacPro and also for an iPhone. Flawless experience both times. As with any eBay transaction, buy from people with positive feedback ratings who appear legit.

13. Kaushal macrumors member

I bought apple care from eBay for 160 $ instead of the 250$. It's pretty safe as long u stick to a dealer with good ratings.

14. Mr Rogerss thread starter macrumors member

I submitted my serial number and AppleCare number to apple and stuff....then they said they would email me... Have not gotten anything yet.

How long does this process take?