iPad Pro AppleCare on iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by biosci, Nov 15, 2015.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Yes or no? Why or why not? I didn't get it on our last iPad mini but am uncertain if getting it on the pro plus accessories would be best. Should the Discover or Amex extended warranties be sufficient?

2. davideotape macrumors 6502

With it, its only $49 if you break it (twice) Thats worth it to me.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I have stopped using a cover on my iPhone's and just get AppleCare instead, I don't bother with iPads, due to my lidefyle and how I use them, they just stay at home and get used for content digestion. Very unlikely in my case to damage mine.

Think if how you will be using the iPad in your case. it comes down to personal choice.

4. pika2000 macrumors 68030

I had never bought AppleCare for my iDevices in the past, but bought it for my 6S.
    Applecare doesn't just cover accidental damages, but it also can cover things like logic board issues. As these things get more complicated, there are things that can go wrong on a highly dense logic board.

My annoyance with the iPad Pro is that the Applecare only covers an extra year, just like other iDevices. For a "pro" device, it should at least be at the level of Macs, which give an extra 2 years (total 3 years) of coverage.

5. MightyTrojan macrumors newbie

i personally use AMEX instead of apple care on items that are less than 1000.

6. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

You can get a partial refund for the AppleCare at any time.

7. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

The screen costs $599 to replace without AppleCare, so I would definitely get the AppleCare.

8. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

A huge device like the iPad pro has a significantly cheaper AppleCare+ price than the iPhone 6S. If that isn't absurd I don't know what is....

9. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

I definitely got Apple Care on the Pro. God FORBID anything happen to this beautiful screen....

10. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

No Apple care for me ever. I never buy it and own about every device and never have had a problem. My home owners insurance would pay for any accidental damage. My 5 and 7 yr old have their own iPads and have never had a issue yet. That is saying something about their durability.

11. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

image.jpeg
    This is the first iPad I have purchased AppleCare+ for. I highly recommend based on the out of warranty repair cost alone.

12. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

It's $99 and I got it. Covers 2 accidental for 50 and with an internal battery it's a smart buy

13. Calipad, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015

Calipad Suspended

Calipad

I have never bought applecare on anything this time I did as much as I am enjoying the size of this iPad I can see me dropping it. $99 worth it.

14. nickyD410 macrumors 6502

nickyD410

Yeah, I was initially not going to get applecare but seeing how much the screen would cost me, Id rather drop $99 +$49 instead of $599.

15. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I bought it then took it back. I don't take my iPads with me anywhere and it has a glass cover on it so I'm not worried. The biggest reason is that I upgrade iPads yearly and having AppleCare+ does nothing for me. And despite what people say I don't get any extra money selling my iPad with AC+ compared to no AppleCare+.
    If you plan to be moving your iPad all over the place, and plan to keep it for many years.. Get AppleCare, if not, I think it's not needed.

K.