AppleCare on Mac/Monitor Bundle?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rkdiddy, Sep 19, 2012.

1. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I know Apple's AppleCare covers your ACD and Mac if you purchase them at the same time. I just purchased an rMBP, without AppleCare, but plan to purchase it. Do they allow a grace period for picking up AppleCare and monitor to link the two purchases to save on AC?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If you have a rMBP, do you want Cinema Display or Thunderbolt display? I would recommend Thunderbolt as you can chain the display to external drives...etc. I plan on getting one if they do a refresh of Thunderbolt soon to replace USB 2 with USB 3.

Based on the wording I see on the Apple page for the rMBP, you have to purhase the monitor at the same time, not X days later, to have both on the same Apple Care service.

"If you purchase an Apple Display with your Mac, the AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac covers both the computer and the display."

Relative to the cost of the monitor, Apple Care is not too expensive. You can get it for less than $80 at B&H. That is where I purchased Apple Care for my rMBP.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/686269-REG/Apple_MC250LL_A_AppleCare_Protection_Plan_for.html

3. self macrumors regular

What if you purchase a Mac and ACD at the same time, but purchase AppleCare up to a year later? Does it still cover both?