AppleCare on my work Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by lowendlinux, Oct 15, 2014.

1. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Since I don't see an AppleCare section I'll ask here if there is an Apple Care section please mods move it to the appropriate forum.

This summer I ordered a Mac Pro for work to replace our existing Mac Pro. We ordered a new MP (5,1) throughout the process we used my name and section I work in not just the organizations name. This morning I open my email and found and AppleCare Protection Plan Certificate, it's in my name and is about the work Mac Pro. The problem is the warranty might out last me and I do not want the person that follows me in this position to not have the AppleCare that we paid for. Will it matter when taking the computer in if the person bringing it in isn't me? I guess what I'm asking is do I need to fix this or will it be fine regardless.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppleCare follows the device, not the owner. It doesn't matter who contacts Apple for service or in whose name the device or AppleCare is registered. They check the serial number to determine if that device is covered by AppleCare.