Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

one1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I called Applecare today to see about adding my MacBook to the program. My MacBook is a 2.16 Rev C that is 18 months old according to coconut battery. They advised it had never had applecare on it (which I knew), but said it was not eligible to be added to the MacBook because it was not done before the original applecare expired. Was this always the case? Just curious. Semi-retarded that you can't purchase a MacBook used and add applecare to it.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Applecare must be added within 1 year of original purchase. You can't add it after that. If you bought it used and added the Applecare within the first year, you wouldn't have had a problem.

ikermalli

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
You have one year to add applecare to it, that is when the original warranty expires. You could always see if you could add a BB warranty to it, or add it wherever you bought it from. However, most places will not allow you to add a warranty after the date of purchase

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
...Semi-retarded that you can't purchase a MacBook used and add applecare to it.

... apple care is a business and they won't let potential harmful sales of apple care hurt their business...

You break your apple computer, sell it to your friend for a buck so he can buy apple care and fix it for you... why would apple allow that to happen...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.