Applecare or accessories?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Liquinn, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

When I eventually buy my 17" MBP, what shall I purchase with it first (in store)?

Apple Wireless Keyboard
    Apple Magic Trackpad
    Apple Magic Mouse
    Case for MBP

or

Applecare for my MBP?

I think the Applecare could be purchased nearer to when the one year limited warranty is up.

But I'd like to know what you guys would purchase with the MBP.

Thanks

2. ml.sail1 macrumors regular

I would say wait till you are closer to that one year mark and instead get yourself a good case, I suggest incase or maybe bookbook. Also grab an external HDD for time machine backup, never a bad idea.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Should I purchase the Apple Keyboard, Apple Mouse and Trackpad when I purchase the MBP?

4. crypticlineage macrumors regular

I completely agree with ml.sail1. Wait until the last month of the original warranty expiration to purchase the Applecare.

You don't need any trackpad, mice or wireless keyboards, but you definitely do need the case. I have been very happy with Tucano Second Skin case.

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Well I could use the Apple Wireless Keyboard with my iPad, iPhone and MBP (soon to be) if I want, so I think I do need an Apple Wireless Keyboard :p

6. treestar macrumors 6502

It won't save any money to buy at the same time. I need a mouse for Photoshop so I got the Magic Mouse and I think it's great. If you too have a use for the mouse I recommend it. As for the keyboard and trackpad, your MBP will come with a keyboard and trackpad so why get them?

7. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I thought you only get the Apple Keyboard and Mouse with the iMac?

8. randomrazr macrumors 65816

why would u get a wireless keyboard and magic trackpad, when theres already keyboard on the macbook itself, AND a trackpad???

i wouldnt get a case until u think u really need it. id get a sleeeve first like the incase neorpene sleeve plus. if u think u nee d a case go for it after, it can fit the macbook with a case on

applecare can be purchased throughout the 1 year period so its not an "immediate" need

oh i forgot, ive grown up with mices so id get a magic mouse, or logitech and microsoft makes nice ones as well.

use the trcakpad first and see if u want a mouse or not.

no point of blowing money on thingsu dont "need"

9. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I'm just going to get Applecare this Christmas, or later before the year is over.

Get accessories; I would suggest a case and mouse; just use the built in keyboard on the MBP; getting the wireless keyboard would be slightly redundant... unless the mbp is elevated (computer desk or something).

10. treestar macrumors 6502

I promise the MBP will have an "Apple Keyboard" but it's ..... ugh, just never mind! BUY EVERYTHING!

11. swedefish macrumors 6502

If you're in the UK, try finding someone in higher education to buy the computer together with AppleCare for you. AppleCare when purchased with a computer in the higher ed apple store is only ~£80.00. Huge saving if you can get it.

12. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Yeah true, I am in the UK. I'm not purchasing a MBP now, not with the rumors with a redesign for early 2012. If it was just a minor update I would buy now. But I can wait and use what I have for a few more months and then purchase a 17" MBP.

Can you buy anti-glare MBPs in store or does this have to be done online? As I want to purchase in store for when I do buy it.

13. swedefish macrumors 6502

Not sure if you can buy the anti-glare in store, but I'd like to think that the Covent Garden store, which is supposedly Apple's biggest store, would have it. Why are you so keen to buy in store? Also, who knows what the anti-glare options will look like on the rumored redesigned MBPs (which may or may not come out next year)? If you need the anti-glare, I'd probably advise you buy it now.

14. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Just want to buy it in store, I'd rather buy it in store then I get it the same day, without waiting for delivery.

And true, I'm not sure whether I want the glossy or the anti-glare, as I prefer the black bezel on the glossy.