AppleCare (ordering it question)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NitromanseR, Nov 28, 2013.

1. NitromanseR macrumors newbie

NitromanseR

Hi everyone,

I am considering of getting the AppleCare for my MacBook Pro (the one on my signature). I am student and thus, I am qualified for a discount.

I can see that if I go to About my mac -> More info -> Service and hit on the AppleCare button, I automatically get directed to the Apple site where I can put my payment info and get the AppleCare code instantly via e-mail. However, even though I used the student discount when I got my Mac, it gives me the original price ($249). Does anybody know how to get the discount?

If I go to the Apple online store, I see that I can order the AppleCare and get the student discount. However, I don't want Apple to ship me anything. I prefer to get it instantly with e-mail.

Thanks,
    Peter

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

If you want the student discount, you are probably going to have to have it shipped to you. Plus, unless your 1yr warranty is running out in a few days, it really doesn't matter how the AppleCare gets to you.

As a last resort, you could check with Apple retail and see if they can do the discount in store.

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Is getting a small piece of paper shipped to you really a big deal? The only way to get the student discounted price is to order it at the time of your Mac purchase, or go into a physical Apple store if you have one nearby.

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

How much is the student discount?
    I bought my AppleCare from B&H Photo and saved over 25% off of Apple's price.
    For that kind of savings I didn't mind waiting for the paper and registering it myself.

5. NitromanseR thread starter macrumors newbie

NitromanseR

Thanks for all the answers! B&H sounds good. I 'll give it a look

6. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

I bought my Applecare from BH for $179.99 (13") through the autoenroll option and it got activated in less than 2 hours; they will ship to you the paperwork anyway. Highly recommended.