Applecare+ outside country of purchase

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by caspergirl, Sep 26, 2018.

1. caspergirl macrumors regular

hi! I live in Greece so there is no option to buy applecare+ for Apple Watch here but I’m thinking about buy it in the UK. Anyone know if an accidental damage occurs if I can have it replaced in Greece or of I have to go back to the uk?

2. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

3. caspergirl thread starter macrumors regular

I can have uk address of registration this is not the issue. I studied there and many classmates and friends still live in the UK. I just thinking 1) if I can service the watch outside the UK and 2) if i can register the product under my name with a friends address or if I have to register it under my friends name

4. svgn macrumors member

svgn

I recently bought a MBP in Bulgaria and when I asked if they have an option to extend the warranty they told me that I can buy apple care for it online and use it internationally. The only problem is that I can't pay for it with my bulgarian debit/credit cards, since the online apple store website/app requires an UK billing address. The same situation if you try to buy from the DE online apple store.

5. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

I would imagine the + part would not be honored.

6. caspergirl thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I see.. I have UK debit card so the billing part would not be a problem but I guess I have to talk with the local authorised service provider to see what’s going on

7. Steliosthem macrumors newbie

Steliosthem

I’m at the exact same situation. I live in Greece and plan to buy an Apple Watch on a trip I will do in New York. Please reply in case you find out something new