AppleCare Owner Transfer Question

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Hello,

I sold my Mac Pro on eBay and I was wondering how I transfer AppleCare ownership to the new owner? Do I just call up AppleCare and tell them that I sold my Mac Pro to someone else and request that they transfer it to the new owner? How long does this process take? Have anyone done this before?

Thanks

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
6. Transfer of Plan

You may transfer this Plan to a new owner of the Covered Equipment by sending or faxing notice of transfer to AppleCare Administration, P.O. Box 149125, Austin, TX 78714 — 9125, U.S. (fax number 512 — 674 — 8125). You must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred, proof of purchase of the Plan, and the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner.
The new owner should call too, with the serial number of the machine, to verify that everything has gone through.

Comment

Tangerine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
What if I buy Apple Care through eBay? How would I provide proof of purchase? I didn't know they ask so much and required so many proof just to do a simple transfer. Can all this hassle be avoided, and easier if I call Apple Care up instead?

Also, does the 2nd owner require to call as well?

Thanks!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.