AppleCare packages

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gglockner, Sep 7, 2010.

1. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

I have a 24" ACD which I purchased separately from my Mac Pro, so AppleCare is not included. I'm looking to purchase AppleCare for it. I see two different products available on Amazon: MA358LL/A and MC262LL/A. These seem to be the same except for packaging (new/old). Are these otherwise identical or will I be unable to use the cheaper offer with my current ACD? Thanks.

2. mangrove macrumors 6502

When ever I buy an Apple packaged item-like you are looking to do-other than at Apple, I check the Apple website (might have to click purchase) to see the part number they sell before buying elsewhere.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Don't see why one would be different from the other. As long as it's labeled for Apple Displays, should be fine. I'm thinking about buying AppleCare for my ACD also. Sometime within the next couple months before the warranty period expires. Let us know which one you chose and how it worked out!

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Same here. I'm looking at the ACD AppleCare packages as well. I know you can buy the "older" version for MobileMe and it works but I'm not certain if the same is true for the ACD.

Please do let us know what you decide.

5. gglockner thread starter macrumors 6502

gglockner

Great idea - and store.apple.com shows a third part number: MC250LL/B. How strange. :confused: