Applecare Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stardozer13, Oct 12, 2014.

1. stardozer13 macrumors member

stardozer13

I have an Iphone and I got it though my local VZ store. Can I still get the Applecare Plan for it and how do I do it??

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes. You have 60 days.
    Call AppleCare. You can do it over the phone or bring it to an Apple store.

3. nousernamespecified macrumors 6502

nousernamespecified

Yes, I got AppleCare over the phone. They send you a link to their diagnostic test, which takes about 10-15 secs and you are done. Pretty easy.

4. ceaguila macrumors member

How much do you pay to replace your phone if it gets damaged if you have Applecare?

5. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

The deductanble for AC+ is $79.

----------

It seems that not all the reps do this test before adding AC+ over the phone. I called in yesterday to add AC+ to my new Verizon iPhone 6 and the rep. Asked me for my CC info right away with no testing at all. I checked online today and sure enough I have AC+ till Oct. 2016.

6. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Same. Could be because they're swamped with calls so they don't bother with the diagnostics to speed things up.

7. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

It's actually required for them to do that. They may have just forgot. Lol

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Is this in the USA that you have 60 days? I was told by my carrier in Canada that I only had 30 days from purchase date. Was curious if my carrier provided me wrong info, because it would almost certainly be the same in Canada as in US.

9. Ipadlover29, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I live in Toronto, Canada. I confrimed with a few different employees in 2 different apple stores. That we have 60 days from the date of purchase to add applecare plus to our iphones. I bought mine unlocked from the apple store not sure of the rules are different if you bought from the carrier. Also they might be talking about the warranty that the carrier sells.

10. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Thank you. Yeah I was misinformed by my carrier. Really appreciate the info. I purchased Applecare+ the day I picked my 6 up. Just wanted to clarify the info I was told.

11. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

just tell them that you don't have the phone with you;)

12. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

The rep who added it to my 6 didn't forget because I asked her about the test. Lol, she said if I wanted to do it I could do check the diagnostics myself in the setting menu.

13. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Are you in the US? Also, they have to run diagnostics because they cannot sell anyone apple care + if the phone is already broken and if the phone doesn't turn on and they can't run diagnostics, they won't sell it to you. She might have thought since it was a new device, there shouldn't be any damage. Which is silly.

14. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Yes, I live in the US. I called to add AC+ to my Verizon 6 the day after I received it from eBay. I was thinking the same thing as you. That she figured it was new since I just activated it the day before so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. While my 6 is perfectly fine, I can see how someone would call in to get AC+ after they had damaged their new iPhone.